Visit The Salvation Army Early Head Start Facebook Page
The Salvation Army Early Head Start Program, located within the Salvation Army Lied Renaissance Center at 3612 Cuming Street, is a federally funded home-based and center-based program that works to:
- enhance children's physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development;
- assist pregnant women to access comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care;
- support parents' efforts to fulfill their parental roles; and
- help parents move toward self-sufficiency.
The Early Head Start program provides weekly, in-home visits based around early childhood education for home-based families and bi-weekly home visits for center-based and expecting families. Home-based services are open to 91 children and pregnant women, and center-based services work with 20 children in two locations for a total funded enrollment of 111 children and pregnant women.
The program partners with two child care sites to provide center-based services for families who are working or going to school full time.
- St. Cecilia Child Care Center, located at 3869 Webster St., provides care for eight children;
- Child Saving Institute located on the corner of 46th & Dodge St., Serves 12 children.
For more information, call 402-898-7504 or click here to learn more about Early Head Start. Intake inquiries can be sent to EHSintake@usc.salvationarmy.org
Click here to fill out the online Early Head Start Pre-Application.
Download the Early Head Start Brochure
Download the 2014-2015 Early Head Start Annual Report
Download the 2013-2014 Early Head Start Annual Report